Hi. welcome to my blog, comment me if you like, I love hearing about new bands and artists and little clothing lines and stores... Enjoy <3

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Just a little bit about a girl.

Ok, so I just got home from church *gasp* and started this blog for no apparent reason, just felt bored and I thought it might be big fun to put my thoughts online for thousands to see... if anyone reads to begin with.

I guess a little background would be in order... I wouldnt want ot read some random persons blog if I didnt know anything about them; so here it is:

I'm Shayla. I am currently a sophomore @ a pretentious and equally prestigious all-girls school in Ohio. It's the kind of place where you pay 20,000 dollars to keep your kids delinquent behavior out of the news and to give them a great education... whether or not they choose to go to class/come sober or not. We pay to have less school, and for teachers to disregard sub-par grades and behavior as long as you have the money to pay the full tuition. It's America in a nutshell with out the boys. Don't get me wrong I love my school, I get a better education then I would get otherwise and I get to do alot of things that I would have never dreamed (i.e. going to Serbia, cityterm, applying for SYA, and going to Cape Cod) but there are some things that definately need to change.

Aside from school, I'm a pretty normal girl *gasp*, but then again im basing normal off of the people at my school, excluding the mega-bucks thing, I have the entire "over-acheiver" act down. I run track and play volleyball and golf. I act, sing, and do a little dancing, and I have a little obsession with clothing nd fashion. I love writing fiction and creative non-fiction and I read like a riot. I am an active member of WAY too many clubs (Black Cultural Awareness, Young Activists For a Multicultural Community, Voices in Praise... just to name a few.) I am part of stand an anti-tobacco advocacy NPO.
AND BEFORE YOU LEAVE MY PAGE BECAUSE YOU THING IM SOME SELF RIGHTEOUS ASSHOLE...
I definitely am not... I believe that everyone is entitled to their opinion. I fine with gay people, and jews, and muslims and any other type of people out there. Hey do you, but on that same note I'm not going to agree with everything everyone says, just like I dont expect everyone to agree with what I say. People werent created to agree all the time, thats just life.
I'm not a new-born I dont think that everyone who is not a christian will burn in hell. I dont think anyone goes to hell except for people who do really bad things, i.e. serial killers, sociopaths, rapists, etc. I accept all people, but that doesnt mean I agree with everything they believe.
Oh and another thing... MUSIC IS MY LIFE, I play the guitar and the violin... I love all types, rap, opera, country (somtimes), pop, mainstream, alternative, rock, some metal, classical, new age, experimental, new ge jazz, bigband, r&b, the list goes on. But one thing I hate is people who decide that one genre of music is the best. FYI just because you listen to it doesnt mean that it is the best, it just means that its what you prefer. Do not comment me saying "__insert band here__ SUCKS! YOU SUCK...blah blah blah, and so on and so forth...!" because I don't care... now saying "__insert band here__ isn't one of my favorites because... " is fine, just dont say something stupid and expect me to take it well. I have a low tolerance for stupidity.
And politics, I'm a bit of a hot-head when it comes to politics. I identify myself as "moderate" but I tend to be more "liberal" than anything. Currently my loyalties lie with Barack, and no its not because I'm black, even though I am and proud of it. It's just that I believe in his campaign, I think that is lack of "experience" isn't necessarily a bad thing and we dont need another polititcian in the whitehouse. Hilary is kind of a bitch, I love the woman I think she's a great role model, she's strong successful and intelligent BUT I don't believe that she is the best democratic candidate. Plus I'm pretty sure that Bill doesn't want her to win because of all the shit he says and the racist inuendos. I will move to Canada if the Republicans are back in office, and I don't really like McCain at all. If he wins, it will be like Bush being in office all over again. I wish I could vote, but being 16 and all thats not a possibility... but I think that perhaps if more people started looking at the debates and the issues more often and not just voting for candidates on face value, our country would end up in better hands... oh right if it werent for the fact that our government is insanely corrupt. But hey, who's isn't?
So that was supposed to be a little about me, but I guess I ended up rambling... I often ramble, but yeah... I'm just a girl.

No comments: