Hi. welcome to my blog, comment me if you like, I love hearing about new bands and artists and little clothing lines and stores... Enjoy <3

Monday, February 11, 2008

Illegal Excursions - snow day <3

Okay, so my school never gives snow days ever, but today we were way lucky and got one. But I totally don't know what to do with myself, I have no car and no way to get anywhere so once again I find myself online blogging.

Soooo, today I've been watching an insane amount of TV and looking @ my random sites that I'm slightly obsessed with (mainly thecobrasnake.com ) and I started talking to my friend M.T. (I'm not using any names because that would be wierd) and we started planning an excursion to either Nicaragua or Europe.

Personally, if I had the money and a mother whowas gone on a regular basis I would hop on a plane to Serbia (one of my favorite places in the world) with nothing but my wallet a couple of my favorite clothing items (a slouchy tank dress/top that I got @ one of my favorite stores a few days ago for 50 bucks; a very comfortable worn hole-y tshirt from Abercrombie and Fitch that I've had for years; a purple cardigan; my leg warmers and knee socks; a bleached ripped up micro mini that I copped for 10 bucks @ a side walk sale; and my faded grey skinny jeans that I got for 20 bucks @ express) my passport, and a eurotrail pass.

It would be a dream to flee to a foreign country where I may or may not speak the language and just soak all the culture in. Serbia for great food, coffee, and fun with Serb friends in Vojvodina (Novi Sad is the best), Greece for some beach fun, Hungary for papikash, Italy for shopping in Milan and visiting friends, France where I could practice speaking french and pick up some goodies on the Champs-Elysee go site seeing and go to some amazing galleries. then I would shoot over to Spain for some great food and to see those fields of sunflowers, the Netherlands to go ot Amsterdam, do a little clubbing and bar hopping stay at a youth hostel and visit some museums and them to the UK. London would be a dream, amazing fashion, music, and art. I would probably die there in some grubby pub listening to an amazing band breathing in all the fag smoke and the aroma of drunks slouched over in a corner booth.

When I was younger my mom asked me what I wanted to do with my life after college, my response was usually something along the lines of "I want to be a physicist" or a scientist, or an artist, or a lawyer. Once I reached 8th grade I actually started thinking, what the hell do I want to do with my life after school? Music has been my passion in life since I was little, but I know I don't want to be a musician. I always loved art and writing, but I didnt think working at a news paper or traditional magazine like TIME or New Weekly was for me. Then an oppourtunity of a life time dropped into my lap and I jumped on it in a heart beat.

The trip was a bit foggy, all I new was that I had the chance to go to Serbia for 2 weeks and I would be staying with a kid I didnt know and I would be in a country where I didn't know the language and hadn't had very much first hand experience with the culture. For most people tat would make them shy away from the experience. Why the hell would you want to go to a country where you no practically nothing about the people the state of the country, or their language? But that intigued me, the thought of being trown into a situation that I had never been in bfore made me want ot go even more. Learning more about a country and people that I wasn't familiar with made me excited.

So I hopped on the plane and had one of the best experiences I've ever had. I made friends with amazing people, saw things I thought I never would, and had some of the best food ever. And did I mention that I had some amazing tequila and found some great cafes and bars that I will remember for ever. I will neer forget the people I met or that trip that experience has been branded into my heart and I will forever hold fond memories of Serbia, even if the people there dont understand why.

When I got home my mother asked me about th experience and I told her everything and I was so excited about it, all my friends were tired of hearing me talk about Serbia. But aside from the fact that people were tired of hearing me talk about it my moter and a few of my teachers and advisors saw thisas something that was extremely positive for me. I didnt understand at first and then my mom brought it to my attention. The fact that everytime I talked about travelling and going to Serbia I couldn't help but smile.

My om started planting little seeds in my head about maybe considering as a carrer path something that had to do with people and travelling. I could incorperate my love of fashion, music, and writing, the arts in general into my work and I would be doing something I loved to do.
I had to admit I loved travelling and I loved learning about people and their cultures and just having new experiences so I started looking in to different majors and profession having ot do with people and cultures.
So now I'm sitting at home looking at pictures and site of people who get to do what they love and travel all over jet setting with the high society people in the world and I can't help but think "why can't that be me?" I'm young ambitious and intellignet. Completely capable of finding something that would make me standout amoung the rest of the people like me and ready to take on the world. And that how I found my self planning this little excursion. Iguess I'm just a dreamer, a visionary if you will. But maybe one day soon I'll get to do some of the things that I dream of, visit the entire world, ever single country. But until then I guess I'm stuck planning imaginery trips to exotic places and reading about the people that are actually doing it.

Besides, I'm just a girl from Ohio.


What I'm listening to now:

  • "Light It Up" Used For Glue
  • "Liars and Battlelines" Rookie of The Year
  • "What Katie Said" The Matches
  • "Where Were You?" Every Avenue
  • "Webs We Weave" Escape The Fate

No comments: