Hi. welcome to my blog, comment me if you like, I love hearing about new bands and artists and little clothing lines and stores... Enjoy <3

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Another post from "The Girl"

well, I'm posting again obviously I have no life...

Actually I was supposed to be jumping up and down screaming at the top of my lungs to The Audtion and Envy on the Coast all the while choking from the smell of booze and stale fag smoke remniscent of the days when you were actually allowed to smoke in seedy bars like Grog. But due to unfortunate and completely normal transportaion issues I'm here on the comuter typing yet another wordy response to my boredom.


If you haven't heard I'm slightly infatuated with music and it happens to consume 99% of the time I spend not sleeping. So I've decided to post on something I definately know about, MUSIC.


So I feel slightly obligated to talk about a few bands I've seen live and grown to love just based on their talent and genuine love of playing shows and making starry eyed teens that enjoy sketchy scene bars happy.




The first band I have to bring up is MAYDAY PARADE for many reasons. I saw them the 1st of February and knew the show would be good, didn't expect it to be AMAZING. This band is not only extremely talented (the lead singer can actually hold a note) and completely engaging the lead singer and guitarists are unbelievably adorable and even if you dont like their music you have to say, "wow, those kids sure look like they are having fun!"

Derek, the lead singer who has a great voice and the cutest little manorisms leaves nothing to be desired with his boyish face and pop rock melodies.

Brooks, the guitarist with his big frizzy red curls and pouty lips is

definately easy on the eyes and I would be lying if I said that I didnt find him even slightly attractive. You can tell he loves the stage ad he's a great guitarist, and makes you feel like he's playing for you as he mouths the words to every song like he's singing it. You can tell he loves the music and you feel like he's singing to you, making eye contact with any and everyone looking up at him (I swear he made eye cantact with me like 4 times.) He's a sweet heart and treats even the fangirls like people and not like the creeper stalkerish start-struck teen girls they are (don't let the shimery dark eyeshadow and Hottopic bondage pants fool you, a fan girl is a fan girl)

They are genuinely nice people (a friend of mine met them after the show) and any band that is kind, talented, and cute should get the proper reckognition.

Hm... more bands to come later.


Currently listening to:
  • "Two-Timing Touch and Broken Bones" The Hives

  • "The Ripper" The Used
  • "Wait For The Sun (Demo)" The Promise Hero
  • "Fuck the Pain Away" Peaches
  • "When I Get Home You're So Dead" Mayday Parade

No comments: